Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A bit of bad news

As regular readers know, a central figure of this blog is our friend Margaret, a transplanted New Yorker who has, for the past few years, owned a bookshop in Stockholm. In fact, her shop's blog gave me the idea to start my own.

Unfortunately, running an independent bookshop is tough even in the best of times, and the economic downturn has made it impossible for her to continue her business, and she has today announced the closing of her store.

I respect Marg tremendously for following her dream, and for working almost literally 24/7 year after year to make it a success. A bit of a selfish silver lining is that Sooz and I hope this might mean she will have more free time on Aspö over this summer!!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I absolutely will! And thank you so much for your kind words as well as for all of the support you've given me, right from grand opening day. Champagne on Aspo!