Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow Update

Wille talked to Stefan this morning about the risk of snow accumulation. The biggest concern with a house out on its own in the woods like ours is that the snow can drift, concentrating weight dangerously on one part of the roof.

He also called Tommy today about stopping by to check our roof later in the week. Living nearby, and having access to a taxi boat, makes it comparatively easy for him to do that.

I also spoke to Annika and Olle, our neighbors. (The Aspö resident's directory comes in handy for that.) They said things looked good on their last visit a couple of weeks ago. Annika, a long-term resident herself, also told me that there's been more snow on the island this winter than she's seen in many years.

1 comment:

Nathalie S. Roths said...

Hi there,

I found out about your blog through an email from expat blog I got this morning. Congratulation on being picked as the blog of the month.

I am also an expat. I am a French-Canadian living in California (http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/). I've been blogging since Summer 2008.

I love that picture of the snow on the roof of that tiny house. It reminds me my childhood winter days in Canada.

Take care,

Nathalie S. Roths