Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another perfect morning

At the risk of jinxing things, I have to say the weather has been super these past 10 days. We've been pretty lucky with that.

We watched US - Ghana last night. I have to say Ghana were the better team, scoring two beautiful goals. This afternoon is the big one, England-Germany. There's a lot of history with this fixture, at least from the UK point of view. In a way, I'm glad I'm over here. I'm sure the hype back home is feverish. But we'll be watching anxiously ourselves.

Tomorrow, we're going to the Värmdö shopping center at Gustavsberg for a day trip. Sooz needs to top up the groceries and I want to get a few building supplies at Bygg-Ole. Grant, uncharacteristically, wants to get his haircut; I'm really looking forward to that. We'll leave on an 11:00 taxi boat which should get us to Värmdö by noon. That leaves us, at most, 2½ hours before we have to get back for a 3:15 boat. This will be an interesting logistical exercise!

No comments: