Friday, January 24, 2014

A local news story on broadband internet

I made an inquiry of the progress of the laying of the broadband fiber cables in the archipelago. My faithful correspondent, Nilla on Nämdö, sent me a copy of a local news article about the ongoing work.

It's from a local Skärgården newspaper; the article is here in Swedish and auto-translated into English. I thought it was an fun read (in either language) as it shows the work involved to lay so much cable among many islands. The one disappointing thing was the news that phase 1 won't be complete until later this year. Aspö is in phase 2, so my hopes of broadband this summer are dimming.

This was the first I'd heard of the Skärgården.se website. I plan to look it it a lot more frequently. There's a bunch of good local information there, and I can practice my Swedish a bit, too.


No comments: